Conference Critique Submissions
Do you have a piece you’d like to submit for critique by one of our conference speakers, editors, or publishers? Submissions may be critiqued by:
- Troy Griepentrog, Focus on the Family Senior, associate editor
- Susan King, The Upper Room, associate editor
- Sally Apokedak, literary agent
- Paul Smith, AG Publishing, managing editor
- Lee Warren, author/editor
- Rose Zediker, author
- Sherri Langton, The Bible Advocate, associate editor
- Phil Morgan, musician/songwriter
- Sally Jadlow, author/poet
- Deb Butterfield, CrossRiver Media, acquisitions editor
- Cheryl St. John, author
Tips for receiving critique:
- Put on the hide of a rhinoceros.
- When receiving critique don’t jump in to explain why you wrote it. Ask questions at the end of the critique.
- No need to apologize for what you have written.
- Listen with both ears. (Do not to interrupt.)
- Take what you need, leave the rest.
Submissions may be up to 2500 words. We put together a simple Critique Submission Template as a guideline for formatting your submission.